Hi, I’m Jenny and I run this site with my partner Jesse (you’ll meet us soon). Welcome! 😀
What You’ll Find Here
- Deep dives into different types of chili peppers
- Gardening tutorials on growing peppers from seed to harvest
- Garden calculators to help manage your growing season
- Spicy recipes featuring hot peppers
- Hot sauce & spicy product reviews
- Growing microgreens and sprouts (delicious in salsas & tacos!)
GrowHotPeppers.com was created when Jenny struggled with growing Habaneros in a small apartment patio. She found that most gardening tutorials focused on in-ground gardening or didn’t provide the step-by-step instructions necessary for newbie gardeners. Jenny’s journey from not getting seeds to sprout to growing thriving pepper plants in pots inspired her to help other would-be pepper growers facing similar challenges.
From these early days, GrowHotPeppers.com now serves over 1,000 daily visitors who use our chili pepper guides to discover new varieties and grow the peppers they love.
Who We Are
Jesse and I are the team at GrowHotPeppers.com. Content comes from growing experiences, our favorite spicy dishes, and being chiliheads — we know what it’s like to dedicate huge portions of the pantry and refrigerator to all those hot sauces, pepper powders, and spicy condiments that make food and drinks taste SO much better.
founder, writer, pepper gardener
Jenny is the creator of Grow Hot Peppers. She is a self-taught gardener and has been growing peppers and a plethora of veggies for over 10 years. When she’s not writing or gardening, she loves eating spicy foods, hiking, and going to the ocean.
co-founder, writer, hot sauce expert
Jesse has been eating hot peppers since her earliest grade school days when she and her friends would come up with spicy challenges. Now, she is our hot sauce expert and spicy challenge tester. She is also a certified bartender, and uses her knowledge to craft delicious spicy cocktails where the flavors of alcohol and peppers complement each other.
At GrowHotPeppers.com, we believe in publishing the highest quality content possible. Our information is designed to serve you first.
- We write gardening tutorials based on our years of experience
- We research and link to the highest quality sources to support gardening data
- We regularly update our pages with the latest information
If you’re here, it means you love pepper gardening and spicy food. Join our community to enjoy what we have to offer!
- Read our pepper growing guides to learn about different types of peppers and how to grow them
- Visit our spicy recipes page to learn how to use peppers in dishes and get our spicy buying guides
We hope you enjoy the content that we work so hard to put together. If you have suggestions for making this site better, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org