- Top 10 Hottest Peppers List 
- Where To Buy The Hottest Peppers & Products
- How To Use Super Hot Peppers
- Types Of Hot Peppers
- FAQs On Superhots
- Your Next Step
- Related Growing Topics
Top 10 Hottest Peppers List 
All of these superhot peppers rank over 1 million Scoville Heat Units (SHU). (For reference, an orange habanero goes up to 325,000 SHU.)
Hottest Peppers Fast Facts
- Carolina Reaper, 2.2 million SHU
- Chocolate Bhutlah, ~2 million SHU
- Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, 1.2 million to 2 million SHU
- 7 Pot Douglah, 1,853,986 SHU
- Dorset Naga, 1.5 million SHU
- 7 Pot Primo, 1,473,480 SHU
- Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, 1,463,700 SHU
- Komodo Dragon, 1,400,000 SHU
- Naga Viper, 1,382,118 SHU
- 7 Pot Brain Strain, 1,350,000 SHU
» Want to grow these peppers? Check out Growing Peppers from Seed to Harvest – The Ultimate Guide
This post contains affiliate links to products from our advertisers. We may earn a commission if you buy something using one of our links. Here’s how this works.
1. Carolina Reaper 2.2 Million SHU
2. Chocolate Bhutlah ~2 Million SHU
3. Trinidad Moruga Scorpion 1.2 to 2 Million SHU
4. 7 Pot Douglah 1,853,986 SHU
5. Dorset Naga 1.5 Million SHU
Derived from the Naga Morich, which is a very hot pepper from Bangladesh.
6. 7 Pot Primo 1,473,480 SHU
7. Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 1,463,700 SHU
8. Komodo Dragon 1.4 Million SHU
9. Naga Viper 1,382,118 SHU
10. 7 Pot Brain Strain 1.35 Million SHU
Carolina reaper scoville notes
On average, the Carolina Reaper Scoville scores 1,641,183 SHU, and on the top end, it hits 2,200,000 SHU. Check out the ultimate guide to the Carolina Reaper for how this pepper compares to other chilies on the Scoville scale and more.
Unofficial Hottest Peppers
There’s always another “hottest pepper in the world” on the scene. Preliminary testing shows that Pepper X (3.18 Scoville units) and the Dragon’s Breath chili (2,483,584 SHU) could potentially be hotter than the Carolina Reaper Scoville level. Official testing needs to be done before we add it to our list of hottest peppers.
Ghost Pepper Scoville Rating
The Ghost chile (Bhut Jolokia) isn’t one of the top 10 hottest peppers, but it deserves a mention because it’s a major record-breaker. Specifically, the Ghost pepper was the first chile to rank at over 1 million SHUs when it topped the scale at 1,041,427.
Since then, the term “super hots” or “superhots” is used to describe peppers that also rank over 1 million Scovilles. Check out the guide to different types of Ghost peppers to learn all about these chillies.
Where To Buy The Hottest Peppers & Products
Looking for fresh hot peppers, seeds or popular challenges like the Paqui Carolina Reaper chip? Below, are lists of curated products in these categories.
Fresh Hot Peppers, Seeds & Plants
Hottest Hot Sauces
Chili Head Must-Haves
Extracts of organic Aji Limon, Jigsaw Fire Cider, Carribean Red & Carolina Reaper on Uncommon Goods.
» Related: See All Spicy Food Lover Recommendations
How To Use Super Hot Peppers
So what do you do with super hots? Here’s a collection of recipes from our spicy kitchen to give you some ideas. 🔥
Types Of Hot Peppers
So, what do super hot peppers taste like, and how do you grow them? These articles answer these questions and more.
FAQs On Superhots
Your Next Step
If you like the vibe around here, be sure to check out these pages:
- New to the site? Here’s the Start page to help you find what you want.
- Ready to grow chilies? Here’s the Growing Peppers page that walks you through each part of the growing process.
- Like curated product lists? Here’s the Resources page for more tools that help you grow veggies and enjoy that spicy life.