If you’re a spicy food lover like me, you’re always looking for new, delicious ways to use your chilies. Here are 24 recipes using Habanero peppers that make cocktails, appetizers, main dishes and more. Enjoy!
One of the many great things about Habanero plants is that they’re very productive. It’s an awesome problem to have. Now comes the question, What do I do with all my Habanero peppers?
You’ll find several options on this site, but I want to give you even more choices because that’s how we roll here. 😀 To do this, I reached out to my fellow online creators and they totally came through!
Below, you’ll find 24 Habanero recipes using this pepper in many different ways. Before we begin, let’s cover how to handle Habanero peppers — safely — because, yeah, they’re hot!
- 1. Spicy Margarita Recipe: Habanero, Lime & Tequila By Grow Hot Peppers
- 2. Mango Habanero Margarita By Noshing With The Nolands
- 3. Homemade Habanero Garlic Spicy Popcorn By Three Olives Branch
- 4. Habanero Pineapple Brisket Burnt Ends By Hilda's Kitchen Blog
- 5. Moi-Moi – Nigerian Bean Pudding By Celebration Generation
- 6. Dzik, Venison Yucatan By Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
- 7. Mango Habanero Wings, Baked, Air Fried Or Grilled By Krumpli
- 8. Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken By The Roasted Root
- 9. Shrimp Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa By Killing Thyme
- 10. Plum Habanero Salsa (Canning Recipe) By Heartbeet Kitchen
- 11. How To Make Pickled Peppers By The Roasted Root
- 12. Tomatillo Habanero Salsa By Mamá Maggie's Kitchen
- 13. Mango Habanero Salsa (Fire-Roasted) By Champagne Tastes
- 14. Tomato Habanero Salsa By Mamá Maggie's Kitchen
- 15. Mango Habanero Salsa By Aubrey's Kitchen
- 16. Easy Mango Habanero Salsa With Avocado By Craving Something Healthy
- 17. Mango Habanero Salsa By Running To The Kitchen
- 18. Xnipec – Habanero Salsa By Veggie Desserts
- 19. Spicy Fire Roasted Habanero Peppers Salsa By Mexican Made Meatless
- 22. Homemade Habanero Garlic Pickles By Three Olives Branch
- 23. Easy Jerk Sauce Recipe By Good Food Baddie
- 24. Sweet and Spicy Pepper Relish By Two Healthy Kitchens
How Hot Is A Habanero Pepper?
Habanero peppers measure 150,000 to 325,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU). In other words, Habaneros can be 100 times hotter than Jalapenos. Fun fact: Guinness named the Habanero the hottest pepper in the world in 1999.
Grow Hot Peppers is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a monetary commission. Learn more.
Can Habanero Peppers Burn Your Skin?
Habaneros, like other spicy peppers, have capsaicin — a chemical compound that causes a painful, tingling sensation on bare skin. Wear nitrile gloves or rubber gloves for protection, and if you do get a burn, wash immediately with warm water and dish soap.
Habanero Margarita Recipes
Confession: I usually make myself a cocktail (or two) before any cooking begins. In that spirit, let’s start with some Habanero margaritas!
1. Spicy Margarita Recipe: Habanero, Lime & Tequila By Grow Hot Peppers
Created by Jesse — our resident certified bartender — here’s her version of the Yucatán margarita. It’s a simple recipe using habaneros and a mix of tequila, Patrón Citrógne, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Enjoy it straight up or blended with ice.
2. Mango Habanero Margarita By Noshing With The Nolands
These refreshing Mango Habanero Margaritas are amazing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with or to enjoy on a hot summer day. The habanero offers just a touch of heat with the sweet mango to make this cocktail interesting. This will be perfect for your next fiesta!!
Here’s a collection of Habanero pepper recipes for spicy snacks and sides.
3. Homemade Habanero Garlic Spicy Popcorn By Three Olives Branch
This homemade Habanero Garlic Spicy Popcorn is a perfect snack recipe for game time or movie night! A very spicy popcorn seasoning for the heat lovers!
4. Habanero Pineapple Brisket Burnt Ends By Hilda’s Kitchen Blog
These Habanero Pineapple Brisket Burnt Ends are prepared with cubed morsels of smoked brisket tossed with a sweet and spicy Habanero Pineapple Chutney. If you’ve never tried burnt ends, you’re in for a treat!
5. Moi-Moi – Nigerian Bean Pudding By Celebration Generation
Moi Moi (Nigerian bean pudding) is a simple dish – basic ingredients, doesn’t look like much – but it’s full of flavour & super satisfying!
Habanero Dinner Recipes
These Habanero recipes are perfect for fiery dinners and other main dishes.
6. Dzik, Venison Yucatan By Hunter Angler Gardener Cook
Dzik is a shredded meat salad from the Yucatan, in Mexico. Shredded venison or beef with pickled red onions, habaneros and other fresh vegetables make a great hot weather supper.
7. Mango Habanero Wings, Baked, Air Fried Or Grilled By Krumpli
These mango and habanero chicken wings are sweet, sour, all sorts of spicy and taste divine. It contains instructions for cooking in the oven, on a BBQ and in an air fryer and all of them result in perfectly cooked spicy wings.
8. Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken By The Roasted Root
Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken is incredibly easy and fall-off-the-bone delicious! This flavorful spicy chicken recipe is great to make in bulk for meal prep, and the spice level can easily be adapted to your personal taste.
9. Shrimp Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa By Killing Thyme
Tender shrimp tacos topped with a sweet, spicy, and refreshing mango habanero salsa. Perfect for Taco Tuesday with the fam or entertaining!
Habanero Canning Recipes
Got some glass jars? Use your fresh Habanero peppers to create salsa and pickled peppers!
10. Plum Habanero Salsa (Canning Recipe) By Heartbeet Kitchen
A tequila infused Plum Habanero Salsa, preserved using the water bath canning method. The ripe plums mellow the heat of the habanero peppers to create a unique and delicious salsa.
11. How To Make Pickled Peppers By The Roasted Root
An easy tutorial on how to make pickled peppers at home. This fun and simple recipe is perfect for those who are new to canning and enjoy a little spice.
Habanero Salsa Recipes
Create spicy Habanero pepper salsa with ingredients like mango, fire-roasted tomato, garlic cloves and fresh herbs.
12. Tomatillo Habanero Salsa By Mamá Maggie’s Kitchen
Tomatillo Habanero Salsa is a spicy and slightly addictive appetizer. It also makes a great topping for tacos.
13. Mango Habanero Salsa (Fire-Roasted) By Champagne Tastes
This sweet and spicy mango habanero salsa is made with fire-roasted tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic mixed with mango, citrus juice, and fresh herbs. It’s a delicious summer snack!
14. Tomato Habanero Salsa By Mamá Maggie’s Kitchen
Tomato Habanero Salsa makes a delicious and spicy addition to tacos, tamales, and more. Or serve with chips for a truly enjoyable appetizer that’s hard to beat.
15. Mango Habanero Salsa By Aubrey’s Kitchen
This fresh and vibrant mango habanero salsa packs a spicy kick! The sweetness of a fresh juicy mango, herbaceous cilantro and onions, kissed with habanero is absolutely delicious.
16. Easy Mango Habanero Salsa With Avocado By Craving Something Healthy
Mango Habanero Salsa with Avocado is delicious with fish tacos and grilled fish. Or just scoop up all the gorgeous colors with your favorite chips.
17. Mango Habanero Salsa By Running To The Kitchen
Sweet mango, crunchy tomatillos and spicy habanero peppers coupled with bright fresh cilantro and lime create one of the most delicious salsas. Perfect for enjoying with chips or servings atop any protein.
18. Xnipec – Habanero Salsa By Veggie Desserts
Xnipec is a HOT Habanero Salsa recipe that’s popular in Yucatán, Mexico. It’s made with classic salsa ingredients of tomatoes, onion and cilantro along with super hot habanero peppers for a pico de gallo-style dip that’s made for those who can handle the heat!
19. Spicy Fire Roasted Habanero Peppers Salsa By Mexican Made Meatless
Easy, spicy and delicious this Mexican habanero salsa is perfect with corn chips or as a topping to a main meal. Roasting the habaneros gives it a smoky touch you’ll love.
Habanero Hot Sauce
Mango pairs with Habanero chili perfectly to make hot sauces bursting with flavor!
20. Mango Habanero Hot Sauce By Sift & Simmer
This easy recipe for Mango Habanero Hot Sauce is a fiery, fruity chili sauce that will be sure to add a kick to your food. It’s made in a blender, so no need to chop and worry about spicy fumes!
21. Mango Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe By Curry Trail
Kick up anything you want by drizzling this sauce over! It’s fantastic on tacos, nachos, for shrimp, ribs, chicken – everything!
Enhance your dishes with these spicy food lover favorites.
22. Homemade Habanero Garlic Pickles By Three Olives Branch
Homemade Habanero Garlic Pickles are a great spicy condiment to always have on hand! A homemade dill pickle with hints of garlic and a spicy kick!
23. Easy Jerk Sauce Recipe By Good Food Baddie
Making jerk sauce from home is super easy! Plus, you can make it as spicy as you like by adding habanero peppers!
24. Sweet and Spicy Pepper Relish By Two Healthy Kitchens
This Sweet and Spicy Pepper Relish recipe features a deeply flavorful combination that includes some seriously spicy peppers, but don’t let that scare you away! Even people who say they don’t like spicy foods love this recipe, and we’ve got plenty of ideas for customizing the recipe and toning down the heat. Trust me … you’ll be eating this Sweet and Hot Pepper Relish on practically EVERYTHING!
FAQs About Recipes Using Habanero Peppers
I hope this roundup gives you plenty of options for recipes using Habanero peppers. If you’re growing these chillies, here’s when to pick Habaneros for the best heat and flavor.
And, if you’d like more spicy pepper recipes, be sure to check out the related posts below!
More Spicy Kitchen Posts: